Floods - My Assignment
Your flood history
- What is the flood history of your town or city?
Use you library, local council or the internet to find the flood history for your community.
- Is there a flood plan for your community?
Make your own rainfall map
You can make your own rainfall map online by visiting the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) website. An example of this can be seen in the image on the right.
A rainfall map of Queensland
(see text on the left for more information)
- Make a map of the monthly rainfall in your state/area.
- Check the rainfall deciles for your area. Have you had above average rainfall for the beginning of 2008?
- Print out your map and use it to help explain how rainfall can cause floods in your area.